Protocol version 13210
Exe version 220.127.116.11 (valve)
Exe build: 13:14:46 Jan 31 2014 (5563) (730)
Release Notes for 2/5/2014
[ STICKERS ]
- Added Sticker Capsules. Each capsule contains one sticker out of a series of sticker designs.
- Sticker Capsules can be received as drops at the end of matches, and are opened using a Sticker Capsule Key.
- A sticker can be applied to any gun, and each gun can hold multiple stickers.
[ MISC ]
- Several adjustments to improve performance for a range of hardware configurations.
- Ended Operation Bravo.
- Overpass and Cobblestone maps are now available to everyone.
- Removed the following items from the store:
– Season’s Gifts. They are still marketable on the Community Marketplace and remain fully functional.
– Operation Bravo Passes. They are still marketable on the Community Marketplace and can be redeemed for an Operation Bravo Coin.
- Doing an ent_create now orients the created entity opposite the player’s orientation so it’s facing the player.
- Added a new material type called ‘Lightmapped_4WayBlend’ that can be used on displacements. Documentation can be found here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Lightmapped_4WayBlend
- Added more diagnostic information for buffer overflows in network channel.
[ UI ]
- Removed rouge [sic] pixel on mode map selection UI.
- Added player teammate colors in Competitive Mode that displays a unique color per teammate in the radar, playercount panel, scoreboard and the arrow over their head (can be toggled offline with cl_cmm_showteamplayercolors).
- Reduced translucency of avatars in playercount panel and did some minor visual updates.
- Enemies icons on radar are now a different shape than teammates.
- Hostages on radar now have an H in the dot and never rotate.
- Added sort method ‘Equipped’ to the Inventory.
- Added a setting to Game Options that allows hiding Team Tags in death notices.
- Team tags now scale to fit in the scoreboard and no longer overlap ping or get get cut off.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes no live games could be found in the Watch panel for the first minute after game launch.
[ GAMEPLAY ]
- All grenades now have a secondary fire that throws an underhand grenade a short distance in front of the player.
– Secondary fire can be combined with primary fire to precisely adjust the strength of the throw.
- Weapon balance has been adjusted:
– Improved Desert Eagle accuracy recovery
– Improved Sg553 and AUG rates of fire.
– Improved Sg553 and AUG scoped control ( reduced inaccuracy and recoil ).
– Increased movement inaccuracy on all automatic weapons by 50%.
– Movement inaccuracy when walking is now calculated differently, resulting in better walking accuracy across the board.
- sv_airaccelerate has been slightly increased.
[ MAPS ]
– Fixed a bug where you could peek over a crate at CT stairs.
– Added a peek position in Bombsite A connector, towards Palace exit.
– Clipped benches inside palace.
– Fixed some boost/exploit spots (Thanks F3RO!).
– Breakable metal panels can no longer be shot through without triggering break effect.
– Made it easier to get into hole leading to CT sniper window.
– Made it easier to move over cart leading to B route from CT spawn.
– Reworked cover in Bombsite A.
– Reworked cover in Bombsite B.
– Changed cover in playground.
– Fixed smoke sorting on water.
– Made players easier to see in park connector stairs.
– Raised upper park divider to prevent peeking over it.
– Increased ambient lighting.
– Made bridge near Bombsite B twice as wide.
– Made it easier to spot players in T side of canal.
– Simplified the layout of Bombsite B slightly.
– Removed small tree at CT side of upper park.
– Blocked visibility through truck in Bombsite A.
– Tweaked soundscape.
– General optimizations.
– Fixed a bug where players could get stuck in ceilingfans.
– Fixed some areas where thrown C4 could get stuck.
– Increased brightness slightly in hallway leading to balcony in Bombsite A.
– Fixed gaps that players could see through in Bombsite B.
– Made wall penetration in construction more consistent (Thanks Pawlesslol!).
– Nerfed the refire rate on the churchbells (changed from infinite dings per second to 1 ding per second).
– General optimizations.
- Dust 2
– Removed dark texture near tunnel stairs.
– Removed sky collision over building near T spawn.
– Covered up shadow that looked like a player near CT spawn.
– Fixed invisible ledges on curved corners.
– Fixed various graphical bugs.
– Fixed bugs related to prop_physics_multiplayer.
– Added a CT van to CT spawn.
– Fixed an exploit where players could get out of the map.